Practitioners...Psychologists|Relaxation Massage|Dietitian|Other Staff
A variety of experienced and highly skilled psychologists consult at The SAM Centre, including Clinical Health Psychologists and Counselling Psychologists.
Director / Psychologist
• Mental Health & Wellbeing Counselling
• Clinical Health Psychology
• Life & Health Coaching
• Sports, Exercise & Performance Psychology
• Counselling for Gifted & Talented Students or Adults
Dr Samantha McLeod is the director of The SAM Centre.
Samantha's clinical work spreads across several domains including, private practice,
organization/club consultancy, academic guest lecturing, and group education and workshops. According to her
clients, Samantha tends to work in a direct, “down to earth” manner, but this is balanced by much compassion
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons)
• Diploma of Psychology (Clinical)
• Diploma of Mental Health Sciences (Clinical Hypnosis)
• Master of Family Therapy
• PhD (Depression and relationships)
Sandra enjoys her work at the SAM Centre after many years as a clinical psychologist in a range of public and private health settings in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth. She is an experienced clinician with considerable training and expertise in helping adolescents and adults deal with depression, anxiety, trauma and mental illness.
• Bachelor of Science (Psychology / Psychophysiology)
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Psychology
• Master of Psychology (Health)
Breeanna’s special interest area in psychology relates to health; more specifically in developing an understanding of behavioural neuroscience and the connection between mind and body. Following her undergraduate science double degree (in psychology and psychophysiology), Breeanna completed post graduate studies at the honours and masters level in health psychology.
Massage Therapist / Dietitian
• Dietitan (APD)
• Registered with Major Health Funds
Kerrie provides a holistic approach to health as a dual practitioner at The SAM Centre. She is a qualified massage therapist and dietitian. Kerrie completed her Certificate IV in massage therapy at the Melbourne Institute of Massage Therapy (MIMT). She also completed a Bachelor of Nutritional Science at La Trobe University, as well as a Masters in Nutrition and Dietetics at Deakin University, where she gained experience in various areas of clinical nutrition including diabetes, heart disease, malnutrition, oncology, liver and renal disease and aged care. › More
• Bachelor of Psychological Science
Julia is the ‘face’ of The SAM Centre, as her cheerful nature welcomes everyone who arrives. She proficiently runs the office while attending to clients’ (& staff’s) needs warmly and with great interest.
Julia completed her Bachelor of Psychological Science at the University of Adelaide in 2009 and has since been working on gaining more experience in the field of psychology. › More
- Highly Skilled Professionals
- Registered with Major Health Funds including Medicare
- Member - Psychology Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Clinical Health & Counselling